What is Online Baccarat, and Where Did It Come From?
Online Baccarat is a card game where you place bets on a virtual table. As a rule of thumb, you win if your card bets are closest to nine or nine itself. The virtual dealer provides the Player and Banker, the hands you use to bet with. Baccarat (now also played online) is a game of Italian origin and dates back to the 19th century.
Another theory is that Felix Falguiere introduced modern Baccarat using Tarot Card. The third proposition is that Baccarat traces its roots from France soldiers. Modern Baccarat in the US graced the gambling markets in 1871.
Over the years, it evolved. Today, Baccarat is bigger and better and even available online.
Is It Legal to Play Online Baccarat at Online Casinos in NJ?
Yes, playing online Baccarat in NJ is legal. Things weren’t smooth at first, but the authorities streamlined things to legalize online gambling. In January 2011, the New Jersey Legislature, with the help of Senator Raymond Lesniak, legalized online Baccarat.
However, the legal age to play is 21 years and it’s mandatory to play the game within the boundaries of NJ.
Thus, you don’t have to be a New Jersey resident to enjoy the game. As long as that’s your location, you can play the game. Unfortunately, residents of other states may not have this approval.
How to Find the Best Real Money Casinos in Baccarat
Playing online Baccarat is not available at all casino sites. It would help if you considered some factors to ensure you go for the best real money casino. Some of the sites offer online Baccarat, but it’s not been made a seamless experience yet.
To enjoy the immersive virtual tables, go for the best sites. You don’t tell the best real money casino sites easily. Some of the factors listed below will help you select the best;
License, Safety, and Security
You need to sign up at trusted sites to guarantee your security. Sites with high standards will assure you of a quality gaming experience. They are audited regularly to ensure everything is up to standard. If anything is amiss, they correct it instantly to make the sites reliable and safe.
eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance should affirm online Baccarat casino sites security. Other safety bodies, as well as licensing bodies, serve to ensure your gameplay is stress-free. Through SSL encryption, your data is free from malicious attacks. This digital technology comes in handy, protecting all your data.
Registration and Verification
The best Baccarat sites have an easy registration process. By signing up with your real full names and an email address, you can secure an account. Then, you’ll have to verify by using a phone or email that it’s actually you who registered.
Online Baccarat sites must adhere to guidelines of registration. Also, they must work on safeguarding the information provided by players. To do this successfully, use valid details when registering. Failure to comply with registration and verification standards paralyzes your gameplay. From the word go, register your NJ online Baccarat account wisely.
Bonuses and Promotions
Baccarat sites reward players generously and there are plenty of sign up bonuses, free play, VIP offers, and freebies. Gather as much information as possible about the rewards. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a newbie or a veteran. Online Baccarat perks are at your disposal. All these are available to enhance your gameplay.
Of course, some friendly bonuses come with extra charges. So, be sure to check with each site what their bonuses entail.
Payments and Withdrawals
Hassle-free online Baccarat sites have flexible payment options. The transaction and withdrawal fees are affordable. Put in mind that transaction times vary, so always consider it. On top of that, each payment mode comes with its rules. It’s important to get the details of each.
The minimum deposit amount applicable should be a deciding factor too. Thus, don’t settle for an online Baccarat site you’re not comfortable with all these details.
Live Dealer Baccarat in New Jersey
Just like land-based casinos, live dealer sites offer great online Baccarat. Through the immersive gameplay, Baccarat becomes nothing but fun. Besides, you can experience an authentic game from the comfort of your webcam.
If you ever want to interact with real-life dealers to guide you throughout the game, online Baccarat offers the chance. And, in case you have queries, live dealers are on standby to answer them. So, with your compatible mobile devices and computers, Baccarat can’t get better.
Advantages of Playing NJ Baccarat Online
Playing Baccarat at an online casino in NJ comes with perks you can never ignore. Here are some of them;
- You can always play when you want: Whenever you feel like playing, NJ online Baccarat is available. You can play while on the go or from the comfort of your computer. As long as you have a stable internet connection, you can always enjoy the game. It’s also available 24/7, meaning you can hop on the table game in the middle of the night. Also, a boring afternoon at the workplace can be an Baccarat affair.
- You can learn and practice for free: If you research well, you’ll find free versions of online Baccarat all over the web. Before learning the ropes, you can learn and practice the game online. It would help if you had no investment to learn the game. The free versions help you stay informed on how the game unfolds. You realize much practice yield results.
- Online Baccarat has reduced minimum bets: Apart from other games with high minimum bets, Baccarat is different. When land-based casinos have minimum bets ranging from $10 to $20, online Baccarat offers $5.
- Playing online is fast and time-saving: It’s easy to learn the game in a matter of days. Through practice, you become a pro within a short time. Also, its quick playtime means you play many games in a short span. As a result, you don’t waste too much time playing the game.
- There are loads of bonuses and promotions: NJ online Baccarat offers fantastic bonuses and promotions to its players. You will enjoy generous rewards as your gameplay enhances. Free cashbacks, bonus reloads, and exclusive offers also apply. However, it’s important to check the terms and conditions for each bonus.
- You don’t need to tip: To win at Baccarat, first, learn the tricks. There’s no need to rely on tipping the dealers to make it in this game. Practice enough to ensure you are a pro at the game. In doing so, you will have an awesome online Baccarat experience.
Disadvantages to Playing Online Baccarat
- There’s no real casino atmosphere: The issue with online Baccarat is the thrills found in land-based casinos are not applicable. This game needs a friendly environment where you interact with your fellow players. However, playing online has no cheers, so it might be quite boring, if you are in to that.
- NJ Online Baccarat dictates higher wager winnings: It’s not all good news for Baccarat players. Having to pay a 5% commission to the casino every time you win is burdensome. You may feel that this is too much to give out.
While all bets are fun, it is good to avoid the tie bet. It is quite rare for the player and the banker to have a similar hand. Hence, winning on this bet is almost impossible, which is why you should stay away from it. Also, when playing Baccarat online, be keen on your bankroll and ensure you wager amounts within your means.
Almost all casinos offer different Baccarat variations. You can choose to play at the site that best meets your gaming expectations. For example, if you would like to play Baccarat against a live dealer, then you should consider sites with live casinos. Of course, you need to ensure a site is legit before you even register.
The bonuses offered in online casinos are, in most cases, valid on all games. Probably, the only exception is free spins, which are only valid on slots. Thus, provided you have met the casino’s terms required to be eligible for specific bonuses, you will enjoy them.
There are several advantages to playing online Baccarat. For starters, with online casinos, you get instant access to different variations. Likewise, the games are available 24/7, so you get to play whenever, wherever. With online gaming, you can easily pick the baccarat tables that suit your expertise.
Contrary to popular belief, this century old game is one of the easiest casino card games for new players to learn. In many ways it’s similar to blackjack. Baccarat features a player and a banker, with each being dealt two cards.
There are a lot of different baccarat variants out there, many of which can also be played online with a live dealer. The objective of most variants remains the same, with just some slight changes to the rules of play.
The average payout percentage for baccarat is around 98%.
No, baccarat is all based on luck and the only choice you make is what you bet on when playing.
You place a bet on the hand of cards that wins in the game. In some instances, the banker’s hand will be more valuable and win, in others the player’s hand will be more valuable and in rare instances a tie bet will win.
Many online casinos will give you the chance to play a free version of their baccarat games before you play for real money.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He’s now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Njcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars’ since early years and besides slots and casino, he’s also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he’s one of the best casino writers out there. Lars’ base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.