Live Dealer Blackjack in NJ with a Real Person
Live blackjack in NJ differs from other online blackjack games by presenting a live dealer. This a real person, of course, just like you would see hosting a table game at a land-based casino. In this instance, they’re playing with you via webcam, but they perform all the normal duties and even interact with you.
The dealer is especially important in blackjack. They’re undeniably a crucial part of the experience! For example it wouldn’t be the same without them dealing cards, ask for insurance, making all the motions. Digital table games are fine, but they don’t compare to the live casino experience. Having a live dealer gets surprisingly close.
Why You Should Playing Real Money Blackjack With a Live Dealer
If you’re someone who worries about being taken advantage of, virtual games can be a little scary. Basically, you don’t know what’s happening behind-the-scenes, so you really have no idea if that loss was legit or not. This fear is eased by having a live dealer when playing blackjack with real money.
You can watch them deal the cards, switch the decks, and generally control the game. That undoubtedly adds an element of comfort and security. That’s something you get from the best NJ online casino blackjack 2023.
How to Find the Best NJ Live Dealer Blackjack Casinos With Real Money
Due to the scope of using tactics, skills, and timing, live dealer blackjack NJ is one of the most loved live casino game. Of course, luck is still a part of the game but not as much as the game strategies. As such, you need a perfect site to implement them.
Basically, the ideal place to play live blackjack is an online casino with a well-established live dealer studio.
Once you’ve made sure of that, here are the other factors to consider:
License and Regulations
For any online gambling site to legally offer services to NJ players, it must have a gaming license from the New Jersey Gambling Commission. Without this license, the online casino is not subjected to regulation in New Jersey. As such, there’s a good chance that the site is not safe to play live blackjack.
There are other recognized licensing bodies, but their level of regulation and legislation differs. That’s why you need to make sure that the site has a valid license from NJGC. NJ authorities make sure that their citizens are safe when playing online casino games.
Safety and Security
Besides licensing, your private and transaction data should be kept safe and secure. Ensure that the casino you register at has encryption software to keep all information away from bad guys.
Also, ensure the available payment methods are safe before wagering. This will help protect your money. If the casino’s safety and security are questionable, you might need to reconsider your options.
Trustworthy and Reputation
It is always good to play live dealer blackjack at a trustworthy and reputable NJ online gambling site. Ideally, you should stick to a well-established site with a proven track record of offering good live dealer services. Therefore, before signing up at any online casino in New Jersey, search the internet for any negatives about them.
Though not a foolproof means of finding a trustworthy site, it will help you narrow down your options. What other gamblers say about a certain site will go a long way in determining if the site is reputable or not.
User Experience (App)
Even with the safest and most reputable online casino, it would serve no purpose to have a site with a poor user experience. Therefore, carefully scrutinize a casino’s website before registering. Visit the site using both desktop and mobile devices, and see if you can access live blackjack games on both.
See if the pages load slowly or quickly, and make an informed decision from there. Additionally, examine the casino’s mobile app, if there’s one. If you can play the game from the app with no lagging effect, you can consider registering at the casino.
Live Dealer Blackhack Bonuses and Promotions
Bonus rewards add more value to your betting capacity. With more bonuses, you’ll have more money to wager on live blackjack games. This increases your chances of winning big without spending a lot from your pocket. Most NJ gambling sites publish information about the available bonuses and promotions on their website.
As such, it’s easy to check what’s on offer. Look at the available bonus offers and their respective terms and conditions. The best casino to play live blackjack will be one with incredible bonus offers that you can use on live dealer blackjack. More to that, the terms and conditions shouldn’t be too hard to meet.
Loyalty Program (VIP-Program)
Besides the usual bonuses and promotions, most NJ online gambling sites have a rewards program for VIP players. This program aims at rewarding the loyal gamblers who have continuously played on the site for a long time. Here, you’ll get more benefits in terms of cash prizes and personalized services.
As such, it is wise to register at a site with such a program. You’ll get more incentives to spice up your live blackjack gameplay. Most importantly, check the joining terms as some may be tricky to fulfil.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
If you prefer a particular payment method, it is wise to check the available ones at a particular NJ online casino. Mostly, this information is available on the casino’s website. Check the available deposit and withdrawal methods and the average time taken to process each transaction. Also, check if there are any fees charged per transaction.
The best NJ online casino to play live blackjack will be a casino with safe, quick, and lowly-charged banking methods.
NJ Live Dealer Blackjack
Live dealer blackjack is a popular game in New Jersey. Together with baccarat and roulette, this game is considered a classic online casino game. It comes in various unique variations to meet every player’s taste.
Excitingly, the game is very smooth when you understand every unique term associated with the game. Dealing from a traditional shoe, here are some live blackjack features you should be familiar with:
- 8 decks: In the NJ live dealer blackjack, you’ll be allowed to play with a shoe consisting of 8 decks. This is simply the number of cards to be dealt in the game.
- 3:2: It’s the naturals payout ratio in the game. With this ratio, the house edge will be lower, and therefore you’ll have more chances to win.
- Soft 17: This is a dealer’s hand where the total card value is 17 and 11 as the Ace. Therefore, a Soft 17 can be Ace-two-Ace-three, Ace-three-three, Ace-two-four, or Ace-six. Most importantly, if the dealer’s hand is like this, he must stand as soon as he hits 17.
- Double down: A double down is a bet where you decide to double your initial bet based on the agreement that your hand will only get one extra card. However, once your hand is hit with the additional card, your turn for that specific round will be considered finished. Excitingly, the game allows you to double after a split.
- No re-splits: NJ live blackjack allows only one split. A split is basically a bet you get when your two initial cards have the same value. Therefore, in NJ live dealer blackjack, you’ll only have one chance to split your cards.
- Player can’t hit re-split aces: In NJ live dealer blackjack, you can’t hit any Ace split after the first one. Even if you receive another ace after splitting the first time, you’ll have to be content with one hit.
- No late surrender: Late surrender is a common rule for several blackjack variations. However, you can only do this when the dealer checks for a blackjack. Also, by so doing, you’ll have forfeited half of your bet. Unfortunately, this rule doesn’t apply to live dealer blackjack in NJ.
- Perfect pairs: Perfect pairs is a blackjack side bet that offers you up to 25:1 on payouts. Excitingly, this does not affect the game’s speed and flow since you’ll play as usual. To place the bet, you’ll need to make an extra wager in addition to the initial bet on the table spot. In NJ live blackjack, the payout ratio will be 6:1 if your first two cards have mixed colors. For the same color pair, you’ll get 12:1. If you have perfect pairs (same suit), the ratio will be 25:1. However, the Return to Player Ratio (RTP) here isn’t too bad – 95.91%.
- 21 + 3: This bet is based on suited trips – the dealer’s up-card and your two initial cards. If you get a suited trip, the payout ratio will be 100:1. A straight flush will offer 40:1, while Three of a Kind will give 25:1. For Straight, you’ll have 10:1 and a 5:1 for Flush. In this bet type, the RTP is 93.72%.
Live Dealer Blackjack NJ Strategy
Without the basic strategy in place, you might be making a serious mistake playing live dealer blackjack. Therefore, you need to find and implement a strategy that will help you win in this game. Don’t play blackjack by guessing or grounding your moves on gut instincts.
Blackjack’s basic strategy involves deciding when to split, double, hit, or stand. Here’s the breakdown:
Hitting and Standing
Knowing when to hit or stand is one of the most crucial things in live dealer blackjack. This is because the decision you make will contribute to either winning or losing. When you hit, you’ll be requesting an extra card on top of the current hand from the deck.
A stand, on the other hand, refers to sticking to the present cards in your hand. Arguably, you should hit when you have the highest chance of getting a hand close or equal to 21. Consequently, you should stand when your winning chances are more or when the chances of going bust are more if you request a hit.
Doubling down is a good way to make more winnings in live blackjack. However, you need to know the ideal time to double down since sometimes it can be the worst decision. Remember, by doubling down, you’ll be exchanging your initial bet for a single card.
Additionally, some NJ online casinos will allow you to double down on any two cards regardless of their value. Others will only allow doubling down on hands that total to 10 or 11. In NJ live dealer blackjack, it is best to double down when you have a hand totaling 11.
Splitting can quickly turn things around for you when you have the right cards. If your first two cards are a pair, and you have aces or 8’s, you can go ahead and split. This is because you’ll get a chance to boost your wins since the probability of hitting two hands higher than 16 will be better.
If you have 4’s, 5’s or 10’s, don’t even think of splitting. This is because you’re unlikely to bust with 4s or 5s. With 10s, you’ll be so close to winning such that splitting will be pointless.
What is the Difference Between Soft and Hard in Blackjack?
The difference between soft and hard in blackjack is brought about by one single card – the Ace. If one of the two hands you’ve dealt is an ace valued at 11, you’ll have a soft hand. For instance, if you get a six and an ace, you’ll have a total of either seven or 17. This will be a soft hand.
Hard hands do not have an ace, and when they do, their value will be 1. If your hand contains a ten and a seven, it’s inflexible and therefore hard because the score cannot change. It may appear complicating but understanding the difference will go a long way in boosting your winnings.
NJ Live Blackjack Games Providers
Although there are a few live blackjack games providers in New Jersey, the available live dealer games are amazingly stunning. Besides, several NJ online casinos have crafted the live dealer studios themselves, without outsourcing. For the others who outsource, here are the common game providers who power the live dealer studios.
Evolution Gaming is one of the world-renown software developers. The company happens to be the first to officially launch online casino live dealer games in New Jersey. Among the popular game titles Evolution Gaming has developed include:
- Live dealer blackjack
- American roulette
- Dream Catcher
- Three Card Poker
Ezugi is also one of the software developers greatly embraced by NJ online casinos. It works under Evolution Gaming with a studio that runs from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m. for most of their games. Some of their games include:
- American roulette
Netent specializes in developing table games and slot machines for online casinos all over the world. Additionally, the operator powers several online casino live dealer studios in New Jersey. As such, you can expect to find some of their games in the casino’s game lobby. Some of the common game titles include:
- Auto Roulette
- VIP roulette
- Perfect blackjack
- Blitz blackjack and other live dealer blackjack games.
High Limits: Evolution Gaming Diamond VIP Live Blackjack
If you are a high roller, NJ online casinos have more options for you to play live dealer blackjack. One notable option is the Diamond VIP Live Blackjack from Evolution Gaming. The game is hosted by a well-mannered VIP dealer throughout, with nothing to obstruct the gameplay.
It also bears high betting limits with a fashionable gaming experience. Additionally, the game’s environment is painted in gold and crimson to give it a royal touch.
You can play the game on either a desktop computer or a mobile phone with minimal differences. Additionally, the rules do not change, and therefore you can easily implement the previously learned game strategy. Generally, Diamond VIP Live Blackjack has the following player advantages:
- High Bet limit of 1,000 to 5,000
- Luxurious Studio that resembles a VIP atmosphere.
- Multiple options for side betting that increases the game’s thrill.
- Multi-angle table feed with HD streaming Technology.
When Did Blackjack Arrive in New Jersey?
Blackjack has quite a short history in New Jersey since it is currently legal in Atlantic City only. Since the late 1800s, this city was the major destination for beach lovers who lived within a driving distance. As such, people from New York and New England had good time around Atlantic city.
However, commercial airlines became easily accessible in the 1950s and 60s. As a result, tourists in Atlantic City began to reduce in number. This triggered a need to give the tourists some more reasons to visit and stay in the city.
Therefore in 1976, the state’s residence held a voting to legalize gambling. This led to a new phase of New Jersey’s economy since casino games such as blackjack started to produce more significant revenues. This is how blackjack became legal in New Jersey.
In 2013, the state legalized online casino operations, and later live blackjack launched in August 2016. This made it easier to play blackjack online. The casinos further made developments and added live dealer studios on their websites. Here, you can comfortably play live dealer blackjack with real people.
Advantages of Playing Live Dealer Blackjack
Playing live blackjack has several advantages, among them being:
- Real-time with a real dealer: Live blackjack allows you to interact with a real-life dealer. Here, you’ll see how your cards are dealt and thereby eliminate the feeling that there’s cheating in the game. Additionally, you’ll get to play the game in real-time, with a multi-angle table feed.
- Anonymity: Live blackjack allows you to play in disguise without disclosing your identity to your colleagues at the table. Therefore, you can comfortably interact with them, asking questions without any fear or tension. NJ online casinos strive to keep your identity as private as possible.
- Promotions: Various NJ online casinos have special bonuses and promotions for players who play on their live dealer studios. With these offers, you can boost your winning chances while enjoying the fun brought by the lively gaming experience. Thrillingly, some casinos will have occasional tournaments in their live dealer studios. Here, you’ll stand a chance of earning massive cash prizes and bonus funds.
- Play at any time, any place: Live blackjack is accessible in a mobile environment. As such, you can play the game regardless of where you are. Whether you are in the bus station, at home, or in a waiting queue, you can access and place bets on the game. This proves beneficial as you don’t have to visit a location-based casino to play the game. More to that, whether it’s daytime or at midnight, you can still play live dealer blackjack.
- Chat function: Thanks to modern-day technology, you can interact with the dealer and other players via the available live chat function. By so doing, you can establish a personal connection with all the participants. This takes the gaming experience to a higher level.
Disadvantages That Might Occur
Playing live blackjack has a few drawbacks, among them being:
- Technical issues and errors: Since many online casino applications are still undergoing development, you might encounter some errors amid gameplay. More to that, there may be other technical problems brought about by a slow internet connection. These may include slow loading of the game that can ruin the mood.
- Slow gameplay (due to others multitasking): If many gamblers are playing live blackjack at the same time, the gameplay may be slow. This can also be due to an unstable internet connection. These delays may sometimes be boring since we all hate waiting for long. As a result, you’ll find yourself quitting immediately.
- Table capacity: The table capacity determines how many gamblers can play live dealer blackjack NJ in one gameplay. Most online casinos have a limited table capacity. Therefore, not many players can play at an instance. You’ll have to wait for the ongoing gameplay to end, then join the next one. If a casino has a limited number of dealers, you might find yourself waiting for so long to secure a place at a table.
Live Dealer Blackjack New Jersey Summary
Indeed, live blackjack is one of the most popular table games in New Jersey. Besides, it is a game of both skills and chances. To this end, you need to acquire some gaming skills in order to win some bucks. This, however, should not worry you.
We have ranked the best sites where you can first play live dealer blackjack for fun before risking your money. Then, most of our sites have promos and a bonus code that you can use to claim promotions.
With our live dealer blackjack casinos, you can use iOS and Android devices to play while on the move. Also, the providers of these games are the best out there.
For instance, you will choose games from providers such as Evolution Gaming, Ezugi, and NetEnt. So, select an NJ casino from our list, apply the right strategy, and you could be the winner.
You need to register an account with an NJ online casino. However, before registering, you need to be within NJ’s stateliness. More to that, you should be 21 years or older.
You can get a welcome bonus, reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, and free entries to the casino’s tournaments. Most importantly, you must use the bonus funds on live dealer games.
Yes. However, this is highly discouraged since some NJ online casinos can remove you from the gameplay. Worst case scenario, you can be banned by all NJ online casino operators as they don’t like the use of bots.
Yes. You should be kind to both the dealer and other players as you interact with them via the chat function.
Live blackjack is played at a classic Blackjack table. In this variant, a deck with a total of 52 cards is created. Players win a round if they have more points than the live dealer blackjack at the end of the game. However, the maximum number of 21 points may not be exceeded.
As far as rules go, there aren’t any stark differences between live blackjack and classic online blackjack. Whilst some live blackjack variants have different side bets and features, you still have to form a hand that makes up 21.
If you choose a licensed, reputable online casino, then playing live blackjack online is as safe as playing in a land-based casino in terms of fair play and financial security. Licensed casinos are audited regularly to ensure fair play, and all financial transactions are protected by digital encryption, so your funds are always protected.
Some casinos offer bonuses specifically for live blackjack or other live casino games.
Live dealer blackjack joins the best features of brick-and-mortar gambling with the privacy and convenience of playing at home.
Yes, you can win money playing live online blackjack! With a little luck and some basic strategy you’ll beat the dealer and win more often. Make a deposit and get started at our recommended casinos.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He’s now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Njcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars’ since early years and besides slots and casino, he’s also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he’s one of the best casino writers out there. Lars’ base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.