History of NCAA Football
NCAAF has a long history that dates back to 1997. The teams that participate in this type of sports are from American universities, military academies, and colleges. In addition to this, the main purpose of the association is to enhance, protect and preserve the integrity and prestige of the various college football awards. NCAAF also has a primary mandate of enhancing professionalism and the highest standard in the administration of football awards and selection of winners.
College football is the second most popular sport in the US. In fact, it has more than 47 million fans who attend the games every season. Of course, there are reasons why the league is more popular than other leagues such as NFL. Firstly, college football fans are more passionate. This is because they have been with the team since the time of schooling. Secondly, the stadiums are great and provide a peaceful and energetic environment. Lastly, the games come a week earlier than NFL. Also, you will get a chance to watch the game on Saturdays, unlike NFL that happens on Sundays.
As a punter, you will come across some of the most popular teams from different states in the US. For instance, the most popular teams at the moment include Alabama, Ohio St., Clemson, and Texas A&M.
NCAA Football betting lines
College football comes in handy with a variety of betting markets. Still, you will get all these betting lines in any NJ sportsbook you land on. The most popular ones you can try your luck include:
This is the most popular betting lines in college football. In this type of betting, the sportsbook will give the stronger team a handicap in order to make two teams even. If your team finishes outside the points spread, you will lose the bet. On the other hand, if your team finishes inside the points spread, you will win the bet.
With this type of betting, you only need to predict the winning team. The probability of a team to wins depends on a number of factors. For example, the sportsbook will factor in home advantage, head-to-head records, and injury concerns to assign the odds. Normally, the favorite team has a negative odd while the underdog has a positive odd.
This is a wager on the cumulative points that the two teams will score. Your job as a bettor is to predict if the total points will be over or under a particular line. For instance, you can predict if the two teams' total goals will be over/under 3.5.
Currently, there are 25 prestigious awards in college football. You can wager on these awards while in NJ and stand a chance to win big. The most popular ones include.
- Bednarik award. This award is for the most defensive player in the college football. Besides, the award is named after the former college football player called Chuck Bednarik.
- John Mackey. With this award, you only need to bet on the most outstanding football’s tight end.
- Rimington Trophy. A player considered to be the best center bags this award.
- Doak walker award. You can still bet on the best running back in college football in the US.
- Ray Guy Award. The Augusta sports council appoints the best outstanding punter in the college football. This punter bags the Ray Guy Award.
How do we rank the best NCAA Football sportsbooks
As a norm, we thoroughly screen all the sportsbooks before recommending them to you. Our NCAAF sportsbooks are no exception, and we rank them based on the following factors.
- License and regulations – First of all, we check if the sportsbook has a valid license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. We also check if reputable authorities regulate those sportsbooks.
- Safety and security – One of our main concerns is your safety and security. As a result, we check if the sportsbooks use SSL and other security protocols.
- Trustworthy and reputation – Trust matters a lot, especially in a business that involves money. Any trusted sportsbook must use Random Number Generator to ensure fairness of games. Also, it must have a credible reputation.
- Number and variety of games – Our NCAAF sportsbooks have world-class game libraries. Specifically, you will get to play all games that match your taste and preference.
- User experience (app) – Before recommending an NCAAF sportsbook to you, we check if you can play at a go. Most of the sportsbooks on our list have a downloadable app or in-browser app.
- Bonuses and promotions – As a punter, you deserve a special treat to keep you motivated. To this end, we rank the sportsbooks based on the available welcome offers and other promotions.
- Loyalty program (VIP- program) – Indeed, you need to be rewarded for being loyal. All our NCAAF sportsbooks have a VIP program that comes with impressive rewards.
- Deposit and withdrawal options – Finally, your real gambling starts the moment you make your first deposit. The gambling journey also becomes fun if you can withdraw your winnings without difficulties. All our sportsbooks have flawless banking options.
Is it legal to bet on the NCAA Football in NJ?
Betting on college football is completely legal in NJ. However, you must bet through licensed Sportsbooks. Before hitting the sign-up button, you should check if the casino has a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. You should also note that betting on a college team from New Jersey is illegal. Sportsbooks only offer to bet on college teams from other states.
NCAA Football betting in the mobile
NJ sportsbooks allow you to bet on NCAA Football at a go and while on the move. Precisely, most of them have apps for Windows, iOS, and Android devices. If a sportsbook doesn't have a downloadable app, it is still possible to bet via an in-browser app. Either way, you will get the same gaming experience. If you have an Android device, you can only get the app from the sportsbooks’ websites. On the other hand, iOS users can download the app from the app store.