How We Rank the Best NFL Sportsbooks for Online Betting
When recommending any NFL sportsbook to you, we first look at various factors that will ultimately enhance your gaming experience. Indeed, we want you to achieve the best out of NFL sports betting. The NJ sportsbooks in our list have undergone thorough scrutiny in the following areas.
- License and regulations – For a sportsbook to rank high, it must hold a license from the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. In addition, they must be under the regulation of the relevant authorities.
- Safety and security – Your security is a primary concern for us. As a result, we rank the sportsbooks depending on whether they use the latest SSL technology or not. This is the only way to ensure your protection.
- Trustworthy and reputation – Trust is the foundation of a long-term relationship. Still, a positive reputation is essential. Because of this, we recommend you deal with reputable and trustworthy NJ sportsbooks.
- Number and variety of games – Of course, a sportsbook with unlimited games ranks high. Furthermore, the game selection must be decent.
- User experience (app) – The sportsbooks on our list have a world-class experience. This because we have ranked them based on whether they have iOS and Android apps or not.
- Bonuses and promotions – Indeed, you need some motivation in order to continue betting. We highly recommend you give a try those sportsbooks that have decent bonuses and promotions.
- Loyalty program (VIP-program) – Sportsbooks that rewards loyal customers with rewards are worth giving a shot. Again, the reward must be above average.
- Deposit and withdraw options – Lastly, we would like you to deposit and withdraw money via safe, secure, and fast options. This is why we rank sportsbooks, depending on the available banking options.
The History of the NFL (National Football League)
NFL has a long history. The league found its way to the world of sports in 1920. At this time, it was well known as the American Professional Football Association. Later long, in 1922, the league was renamed to National Football League.
Then, the popularity of the league in America and across the world is not comparable to another one. Of course, there is something propelling this popularity. Firstly, NFL is the wealthiest sports professional league in the world. Secondly, it is the league with some of the most valuable teams in the world.
Lastly, it is among the top four professional sports leagues in Northern America. In fact, the North American professional sports league is the highest level you will ever find in America and the world.
It is also worth noting the 32 teams in the NFL league come from two conferences. These are the American Football Conference and National Football Conference. Furthermore, the two conferences share the teams equally. As a result, each conference has a total of 16 teams.
Currently, you will find 32 active teams in the NFL. 16 of the teams are from NFC, while 16 are from the AFC. Below is a list of teams in NFC:
- Arizona cardinals
- Atlanta Falcons
- Carolina Panthers
- Chicago Bears.
- Dallas Cowboys
- Detroit Lions
- Green Bay Packers
- Los Angeles Rams
- Minnesota Vikings
- New Orleans Saints
- New York Giants
- Philadelphia Eagles
- San Francisco 49ers
- Seattle Seahawks
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Washington Football team
On the other hand, you will get the following 16 teams in AFC:
- Baltimore Ravens
- Buffalo Bills
- Cincinnati Bengals
- Cleveland Browns
- Denver Broncos
- Houston Texans
- Indianapolis Colts
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Las Vegas Raiders
- Los Angeles Chargers
- Miami Dolphins
- New England Patriots
- New York Jets
- Pittsburg Steelers
- Tennessee Titans
Well, there are a lot of rewards for both the players and the team in general. Out of the 32 teams, the winner will bag the Vince Lombard Trophy. This was initially called the Super Bowl Trophy, but it was changed after Coach Vince led Green Bay Packers to victory.
On the other hand, individual players from the winning team get Super Bowl Rings as the award. Moreover, players from other teams have got a chance to pocket some rewards. For instance, there are rewards such as AP Most Valuable Player, AP Comeback Player of the Year, and many more.
NFL Online Betting Lines
NFL online betting is what concerns you more because it will earn you some real money. NJ features the most popular online betting types, and they are up for grabs while playing NFL.
There are many betting types you will find out, but we have narrowed them down to the top three. In particular, they are Moneyline, Point Spread, and Totals.
- Moneyline: This is the simplest of all. For you to win the game, you only need to select or pick the winner in a certain game. Also, the favorite team has negative odds, while the underdog has positive odds. If the odds portray a close span, then know that the game is tight.
- Point Spread: Since sportsbook games are different, oddsmakers create points spread to act as an equalizer. In simple terms, both the teams have an equal chance of winning. As you play, you must determine the direction the game will go. You can either bet on the favorite, denoted with a negative sign, or underdog, denoted with a positive sign.
- Totals: This is also called over/under. In order to win the game, you must predict the total number of scores or points in a match. For instance, you can predict the total number of goals at the end of a football match.
There are many NFL awards you can bet on in NJ sportsbooks. Furthermore, some are based on the individual team while others on a single player. Either way, you can still bet and win real money. Currently, you can place a bet on the following awards.
- Championship (Superbowl winner): The NFL happens every year. This means that there must be a winning team at the end of the league. Again, the winning team is referred to as the champion and gets the Super Bowl award. So, if you want to bet, you only need to predict who will be the champion.
- MVP: For this one, you only need to bet on the most valuable player of the season. You must also note that MVP is an award given by entities.
- NFL Defensive player of the year: This award from the associated press is exclusively for the most defensive player in NFL. You can place a bet on it before the season starts and wait for the results.
- NFL most offensive player of the year: Also, this reward is from the associated press, and it is for the most offensive player in NFL. You can give it a shot in NJ sportsbooks that allow online betting.
- Rookie of the year: Any new player in NFL who has never signed a contract before is referred to as a rookie. For you to bet, you need to predict who will be the best rookie in the season.
- Offensive rookie of the year: To bet on this award, you need to predict who will be the best rookie in NFL. Besides, the rookie must be the most offensive.
- Defensive rookie of the year: This award goes to the best rookie, who is also the most defensive.
Is it Legal to Bet on the NFL in NJ?
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement licenses and regulates all sportsbooks in NJ. Besides, the authority approves all the leagues offered by the sportsbook. As a result, NFL is completely legal in NJ, but you must bet through licensed sportsbooks.
NFL Online Betting in the Mobile
The main aim of the NJ sportsbook is to take your gaming experience to another level. For them to achieve this, they make NFL online betting through mobile devices. You can bet via mobile in two ways.
Firstly, you can download the app for Android and iOS apps and install it on your device. Most NJ sportsbooks have apps available for download. Secondly, you can use the mobile browser to access the available games.
NFL Online Betting NJ Summary
Undoubtedly, NFL online betting is a cup of tea for many players in NJ. Of course, it is a choice for many for a number of reasons. Firstly, the league has 32 teams, meaning you will never lack a team to bet on. Secondly, NJ sportsbooks offer a variety of betting lines.
For instance, you can bet on moneylines, point spreads, and totals. In addition to this, you can bet on a variety of awards such as MVP and defensive rookie of the year. Thirdly, NJ sportsbooks will give you impressive bonuses and promotions to kick off your NFL betting journey.
For example, the casino will give you deposit bonuses, cashback bonuses, and many more. Last but not least, you will enjoy NFL betting on your mobile device. To get all this, select a Sportsbook from our list and get started right now.