What are High Stakes Casinos?
It’s not unusual to go to some high stakes casinos in NJ and see some minimum bets are larger than the maximum bets at other, lower stakes casinos. These casinos are for the high rollers. The minimum bets at a lot of the games tend to be in the triple digits.
Online gambling is just as professional and serious as gambling in land-based casinos. People walk away from online casinos having won a couple million dollars. Now, that might be fairly rare. That said, don’t think that just because you’re not in a physical casino you can’t win big.
If you take your money to NJ highest limit online casinos and slots, a lot of real money is going to change hands.
Highest Limit Online Casinos and Slots
When people think of NJ high rollers, they often think of card games, like hold’em poker. We’ve got the world series of poker on television. It's full of card sharks with dark glasses and professional poker faces. While it’s true that a lot of serious gamblers prefer to play at the tables, it’s just as possible to hit it big on the slots.
When playing at the New Jersey highest limit online casinos and slots, the minimum bet is going to be high, just as with all the other games. Therefore, you're likely to find a game that costs $10 or $20 a spin.
People also don’t go to these casinos without a huge bankroll behind them. They know they could lose a lot, but they’re hoping to win very, very big.
How We Rate NJ High Limits Online Casinos
You may get scared way after seeing how much high limits NJ casinos sets as the minimum stake in some cases. Also, the maximum bet may sound too good to be true. In fact, some set the maximum stake as $15,000-$20,000.
In either way, you don’t have to worry since it is an opportunity presented to you. But before trying your shots in these casinos, first, consider the following.
- License and Regulations: High-stakes casinos and betting sites require you to stake a considerable amount of money. Therefore, dealing with a casino that is not under the regulation of any relevant bodies can lead to huge losses. So, ass a norm, always sure the high stake online casino of your choice is licensed and regulated under The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement NJDGE.
- Safety and security: High stake NJ online casinos hold your valuable information. Besides, they require you to stake high. As a result, all these need protection. If the casino uses the latest SSL technology to safeguard your transactions, then you can give it a try.
- Trustworthy and reputation: Trust is paramount in any dealing, especially if it involves a massive amount of money. Also, the positive image of the casino is important. A casino that provides fair games and at the same time has a positive reputation is a good choice for you.
- Number and variety of games: A serious high stake online casino should provide you with the best games under one roof. In other words, you should have unlimited choices to choose from. Still, the game should have a friendly user experience.
- User experience (mobile apps): You cannot stake high and at the same time keep struggling with the casino’s website. To prevent this, always make sure that your casino offers such services.
- Bonuses and promotions: In most cases, high stake online casinos will offer you huge bonuses. For instance, some will give out up to $250-$300 as a bonus. Additionally, they will give other daily, weekly and monthly promotions. If a casino offers all these, then it is worth investing in it.
- Loyalty and VIP program: Before setting your feet in these high stake casino, always check what they have for returning customers. Firstly, check whether there is a loyalty program that offers you unlimited rewards for being loyal. Secondly, check if there is a VIP program for high rollers.
- Payment and withdrawal options: With high stake online casinos, you can become a millionaire at a go. But before that, you need to deposit a huge amount of money and stake high. After winning, you will also need to withdraw the money. As a result, good casinos should offer you unlimited, safe, and fast payment options.
Advantages of Playing at High Stakes Casinos NJ
Playing at high stake casinos comes with amazing benefits. For example, you will get to enjoy the following.
- A chance for winning big: Facts have it that some punters stake as high as $200,000. Well, you can imagine the winnings from this huge stake. Indeed, you will become a millionaire or a billionaire at go.
- VIP programs: When you stake high, you automatically become a VIP. As a result, you will become subject to the casino’s VIP program. While in this program, you will get to enjoy many rewards such free bets and regular bonuses.
- More thrills: Indeed, you cannot have any pleasure after wagering $10 or $20. On the other hand, you will get more pleasure after staking with as high as $1000 or more. The result is that you will have more thrills as you wait for that big win.
Disadvantages of Betting High
There is always a downside for high stake gamblers. This is because the more you stake, the higher the risks. So, as you stake high, expect some of the following setbacks.
- Huge losses: Losses from high stake online casinos NJ can send you into a comma. Take, for instance, the losses from a stake of as high as $200,000. Well, the losses are unimaginable, but it is for big whales.
- The comps may not cover losses: Sometimes you may think that more stakes will translate to more comp points. It may look real, but casinos always factor in all those comp points. In other words, comp points cannot cove huge losses.
- Addiction – This is a major observation among high stake gamblers. For example, when you lose for the first time, you may bet one more with an aim to recover the loss. You may not recover the money soon thus becoming addicted.
Popular High Stakes Table Games
As you become a punter in high stakes casinos, you will have more than enough games to play. The most common ones are table games. Besides, you can stake as high as $250,000 in these tables games. They include the following.
- Roulette: With this table game, you will get popular roulette variations that enhance your gaming experience. Also, you can stake as high as $250,000, depending on the casino. Still, you will play popular games such as Golden Ball Roulette and Ra Roulette.
- Blackjack: This table game comes in handy to offer you maximum stake of between $1000 -$5,000. However, the maximum stake depends on the casino.
- Craps: Most NJ casinos set an average of $500 as the maximum stake for crap games.
- Baccarat: If you are still a newbie who wants to stake high, Baccarat is the way to go. This is because you do not need any gambling skills. Sometimes the maximum stake can be up to $10,000, but it depends on the casino. Some of the game that you can play includes Hi-Lo and Hold’em.
- Poker: By playing poker games such as Caribbean stud, Casino Hold’em, and Three-card poker, you stake up to $2,000.
High Stakes New Jersey Sites with Roulette and Blackjack
There are some high stakes sites with roulette and blackjack that require a minimum bet of $100. If you’re looking for casual fun, you’ll want to look elsewhere. However, if you’re got a lot of experience (and confidence) under your belt, as well as the cash to risk, we can point you to some of the best high stakes casinos around.
That’s what our lists are for, to help you find the best online gambling around, regardless of how much or how little you’re looking to spend.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Njcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.