What is an eCheck casino?
eChecks work just like checks, only they’re digital (electronic). They pull money from your account and must clear before they’re accepted. To clarify, an eCheck is backed by your bank account, rather than an eWallet account. That’s why you can play at an online real money casino with eCheck.
When using an eWallet service, it’s possible to have your account backed by a bank account. This makes everything go much smoother. The eWallet service then knows that you have money.
When you make an instant payment, it’s essentially the eWallet service fronting the money for you until your bank clears the funds and pays the service back. If the service isn’t confident that you have the money or that your bank account is legitimate, they’ll send an eCheck instead. Then the transaction won’t actually happen until the check clears from your bank account.
NJ online real money casino with eCheck
Keep in mind that when you’re playing at an real money online casino with eCheck, your funds won’t be available right away. As stated above, the check has to clear, and that can take 3-5 business days. For that reason, it’s usually preferable to use a card or an eWallet service.
However, an eCheck casino in NJ is a great alternative when you don’t have other options. The money spends all the same! You just need to have a little more patience. Don’t worry. Patience is a virtue.
How do casinos that accept eCheck payments work?
At this point you’re probably wondering “how do casinos that accept eCheck payments work?” Well, it works just like writing a real check out at your local supermarket.
You’ll need things like your bank name, routing number, and account number, things that would normally be printed on paper checks. Once you fill it all out, your bank sends that check to the NJ online casino. Once the casino processes it and confirms that you have the money to back it up, you have your funds!
How to deposit money with eChecks
To deposit money on online casinos using e-checks is easy, just follow the following steps.
- Visit the ‘Cashier' section at your favorite NJ casino and select eCheck as the deposit option.>
- Proceed to the next page, input bank details, including the routing number and the amount you want to deposit.
- The casino contacts the bank though you have to confirm the issuance of funds by the bank.
- The bank can then issue an eCheck to the casino.
- The cash will then reflect in the casino account within 3 working days.
What is the difference between ACH and EFT?
Automated Clearing House (ACH) is a funds transfer system. It facilitates the transfer of funds between banks in the US. Most business to business transactions use this system. Similar to cheques, ACH transfers require authorization through signatures.
Typically, ACH acts as an intermediary between banks. But, this system is different from Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). EFT moves funds from one bank account to the next via the computer system immediately. ACH links the banks and creates a daily credit and debit tally.
In other words, while EFT mainly sends money to the next bank account instantly, ACH has delays since it tallies and holds bank information before sending it.
Advantages with eCheck deposits
- Most secure payment option.
- Little or no transaction charges.
- You can restrict yourself to only play with the amount you have.
- Easier to access via mobile or desktop.
- You no longer need to use extra cards when transacting.
Disadvantages with using e-checks
- Wrong transactions may lead to loss of funds unnecessarily.
- Most customers are yet to familiarize with it.
- A bit slower as compared to other payment options.
How to find the best echeck casinos
There are some factors you must pay attention to when looking for the best echeck casinos in NJ.
- First, check if the NJ online casino is a reputable site and then how long it has been in business.
- Don't forget to read up on what other customers have to say about their services.
- Also, consider their customer service and find out if they are reliable.
- Lastly, check the company’s registration and license.
Only settle for a casino that has a license. It should be operating under the jurisdiction of accepted gaming authorities. A majority of the casinos around New Jersey accept echecks. It's one of the safest payment methods.