What are NJ Online Sports Betting Sites?
Okay, so what is spread betting? That’s why you need to check out these NJ online sports betting sites and read all about it! It can be very complex, but that’s what makes it exciting. You can learn about handicaps and things like that. Sometimes it’s not enough to just put real money on a team and hope they win.
If that team has been unstoppable all season, that’s too easy of a bet. Odds are they’re going to smash the other team.
So when you bet on them, not only do they have to win, but they have to win by a certain margin. Likewise, if you bet on the losing team and they’re a real underdog, they don’t necessarily have to win in order for you to win the bet. They just have to score a certain amount of points.
Best NJ Sportsbook ans Sports Betting
Trust me, the best NJ online sportsbook will explain it much better than we can. Hopefully that piqued your interest a little bit. There’s a lot more going on in sports betting than most people realize. Have you ever seen or heard someone place a bet?
To the uninformed, it sounds like absolute gibberish! There are so many weird bets and sub-bets that it’s no surprise that you practically need a guide to follow it all. That’s why you need to know how to find the best New Jersey sports betting sites.
NJ Sportsbook Bonuses and Promotions
NJ sportsbooks are well known for offering amazing bonuses and promotions as compared to other ordinary casinos. As a result, they have attracted a large customer base, thus having a special place in the gaming space. If you are up for these bonuses and promotions, below are some examples that you can grab.
- Sign up bonus – Almost all NJ online sportsbooks will offer you a sign-up bonus after creating an account. You will automatically get this one even without entering any promo codes. Also, the bonus is referred to as the joining offer.
- No deposit bonus – Well, this sounds as good as it is. NJ sports betting sites will offer you a bonus without making any deposit. Most casinos require you to make an initial deposit before getting any bonus. But in this one, you don't have to.
- Match bonus – The treats at NJ sportsbook are amazing. Immediately after making a deposit, the online casino will match it with a certain percentage. For instance, some online sportsbooks match the deposit up to 100%. In such a case, you will get $50 as a bonus after depositing $50.
- Reload bonus – As a returning customer, you will get unlimited bonuses in the form of reload bonuses. These are exclusively for existing regular customers.
- Odds boost – NJ sportsbooks have a special way of treating customers who are in the VIP program. If you become part of them, you will enjoy boosted odds that will help you win big.
- Cashback – Losing at sports betting should not worry you. After your bet loses, you will either get your stake back in full. You can also get it partially, depending on the casino.
- Promo codes – Most of the promotions, especially the welcome bonuses, at NJ online sportsbooks have unique promo codes. Before claiming offers, you will need to enter the promo codes and claim the specific bonuses.
- Risk-free bets – Sports betting in NJ will allow you to place a bet without staking real money. This is a free bet, and it will help you win real cash in return.
- Loyalty bonuses – As you continue regularly wagering at NJ sportsbook, the casino will treat you as a loyal customer. As a result, you will get comp points that you can later convert into real cash.
Sports Betting Apps for iOS and Android
As a sportsbook punter in NJ, you will enjoy unlimited sports betting apps. Additionally, the apps have amazing features that will enhance your gaming experience. For example, you will get a variety of payment methods that are safe and secure. Some of the apps include the following.
- Draftkings Sport – This was the first to launch, and it remains to be the best. It is the most popular because of the bonus offers, speed, and design. Specifically, you will get a risk-free bet of $200 if you sign up via app or browser.
- FanDuel – It is also one of the most popular NJ sportsbook apps. With the app, you will get amazing features such as promotions, in-play wagering, and DFS. If you want to have a taste of the app, you can get it from the FanDuel website or app store.
- BetMGM Sport – With this app, you can rest assured of overtime insurance, boosted odds, cash-out option, among other great things.
- PointsBet Sports – This app gives you a chance to play top international sports such as rugby and soccer. Besides, you will get rewards after becoming more accurate in your prediction.
- 888 sport – It is one of the popular apps where you will get high-end graphics. Additionally, you will get to enjoy over 20 sports, proposition bets, and in-play betting.
- Sugar House – With sugarhouse app, you will get unlimited international sports. Still, you will enjoy the easy interface, in-play betting as well as lottery jackpot.
- Fox bet – This one came at the right time, where it purchased 5 percent shares of The Star Group. As a result, you can transfer money from one sportsbook to the other. The promotions are unlimited since you will get boosted odds and a cash-out option.
- Borgata sports – If you are broke and you still want to bet, you need to give the Borgata sports app a try. The app is best known for offering you risk-free bets as well as boosted odds.
- Golden Nugget – With the Golden Nugget sports app, your betting choices are unlimited. You will also get easy deposit and withdrawal options.
- Caesars – Betting on Caesars is just a click away. This is because you will use either the mobile browser or a mobile app. However, the app has one setback in that there are fewer in-plays betting than other sportsbooks.
- Unibet – This app has the best design that you will ever find out there. There are also multiple betting options for all soccer enthusiasts.
- Bet America – First-time players will enjoy a 100% match deposit bonus of up to $500. In addition, you can either buy or sell points for different games.
- Resorts – With the Resorts app, you will get a 60% match bonus on parlays. There are also many betting options for you to choose from.
List of Sports and Leagues You Can Bet on in NJ
NJ is arguably the home of amazing sports and leagues, where punters get to win big. With all these sports and leagues in place, you are spoiled for choices. For instance, you will get some of the following leagues.
- MLB – This league is exclusively for baseball fans. Still, almost all online sportsbooks in NJ have it at their disposal.
- NFL – This one consists of 32 teams divided equally between the American Football Conference and National Football Conference. You will find all these at NJ online sportsbooks.
- UFC – If you love martial arts, then you should give UFC a try. In fact, it features popular fighters across the world.
- NBA – This league has a total of 30 best teams in America. 29 of them are from the US and 1 from Canada. All NJ sportsbooks features this league.
- NCAAF – Being one of the top college-level footballs in the US, it features more than 130 schools and 10 conferences.
- MLS – While betting on this league, you will have a total of 26 teams. 23 of the teams are from the US, while the other 3 are from Canada. All of these teams are at NJ online sportsbooks' disposal.
- Premier League – This is one of the biggest soccer leagues in America and comprises a total of 12 teams.
- Boxing – As a boxing fan, you will get to bet on all teams under the United States Olympic.
- NHL – Currently, this team has 31 teams. 24 are from the United States, while 7 are from Canada. If you are up for them, they are available at NJ online sports betting sites.
- Horse Racing – Most NJ sportsbook features horse racing, such as Flat racing, Endurance racing, and Arabian Horse.
- LOL (League of Legends e-sport) – As of now, the league has 10 franchise teams. Also, each season is divided into summer and spring. For you qualify for the annual league of legends, double elimination happens. All 8 teams get eliminated until a winner is found.
Top Sports Betting Events You Can Bet on in New Jersey
Sports betting events in NJ vary from one sportsbook to another. Precisely, some attract more players than others, and they are referred to as major events. For instance, you will come across the following top sports betting events in New Jersey.
- College Bowl – If you would love to bet on traditional clashes, then College Bowl is the best choice. Currently, there are 43 games in the 2021-2022 seasons. Also, expect to find all of these games at NJ sportsbooks.
- March Madness – This one has a ton of betting opportunities since it comprises 68 teams. Despite it being on the rise, NJ regulations prohibit betting on NJ-based College teams. But this should not worry you. There is no NCAA tournament action this year, meaning that online sportsbooks can offer March Madness games.
- College Football – Now you can bet on college football in NJ provided that you are 21 years and above. Besides, the betting should not involve schools based in NJ or games within state lines.
- Super Bowl – The Super Bowl event will also kick off every year. You can rest assured of boosted odds and more live betting in any NJ sportsbook.
- Masters – Being one of the prestigious tournaments, Masters' winner gets a chance to bag a green jacket. You can place your bet now since future odds are already posted.
- Oscars (Academy Awards) – Currently, you can bet on Academy in any NJ online Sportsbook. Sometimes you can bet at retail Sportsbook, but it is subject to approval by the relevant authority.
How We Rate Legal NJ online Sportsbooks
Before investing your money in any NJ online sportsbook, you need to make sure that you will get the best out of your money. As a result, you need to consider some factors before hitting that sign-up button. For instance, we rate legal NJ sportsbooks based on the following factors.
- License and Regulations – Any NJ sportsbook with a license from the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement is worth giving a try. It means that all the dealings are genuine.
- Safety and security – Before signing up with any NJ sportsbook, make sure that your information is safe and secure. Also, check whether the sportsbook uses the latest SSL technology to secure your transactions.
- Trustworthy and reputation – A good sports betting site with a positive reputation is known from word of mouth. What people say about the sportsbook is paramount. Also, check the fairness of the games to know if you can trust the online sportsbook.
- Number and variety of games – If you can get all the games that you desire in one sportsbook, look no further. Make that sportsbook your best option.
- User experience – A gaming experience with more thrills is what you deserve as a player. As a norm, always check if the sportsbook has a mobile app that is compatible with both iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Bonuses and promotions – Most legal NJ sportsbooks offer you both welcome bonuses and other promotions. If you miss all these in any sports betting site, know that you are in the wrong place.
- Loyalty program – A legal NJ sportsbook that values its customers will always have decent treats for loyal customers. For instance, check whether there are comp points awarded depending on how much you wager.
- Banking methods – A good NJ sports betting website has unlimited payment methods. Furthermore, the methods should be safe, secure, and reliable.
All the Different Sports Betting Types Offered in New Jersey
New Jersey gaming industry features some of the top sportsbooks across the world. These sports betting sites and sportsbooks also offer you different betting types to choose from. As you smash the bookies in NJ, give a shot to some of the following betting types.
- Moneyline – In this market, you need to bet on a team based on the Moneyline odds already set by the NJ online sportsbooks.
- Parlay – With this betting type, you must wager on two or more games. Additionally, all the team must win. This is the only way you will get to cash the parlay.
- Spread – Teams in this betting market are favored to win by certain points or goals. To bet, you must select your favorite team together with the respective odds.
- Future – As the name suggests, you need to predict the future outcome of a bet at the present date. For instance, you can predict if a golfer will win the master before the tournament starts.
- Teasers – This amazing betting type allows you to adjust the point spread in a certain game. However, this comes with a cost since the odds will reduce.
- Over/under – This is a wager where you have to predict if the points or total combined points will be under/ over. For example, you can predict if the total number of goals in a football match will be under 2.5 or over 2.5.
- Round Robin – For this betting type, you will have to construct different parlays. The good thing is that you will still get some money even if one parlay loses. The risks are less, but the rewards will also reduce.
- In-game – You can now enjoy more betting options while playing in-play games. Also, you don't have to worry about the game starting without betting on it. In-play allows you to wager as the game progresses.
How Does In-Play Wagering and Live Betting Work?
Nowadays, NJ online sportsbooks allow you to place a bet as the game progresses. This is referred to as live betting or in-play wagering. Also, you must note that the game's outcomes become more accurate as the game progresses.
Below is how live betting works:
- Continued pregame wagers – This is the simplest of all. Sportsbooks' mark will change as the game progresses. Of course, they reduce because the game becomes more accurate. Also, there is less time to make a decision.
- Milestone achievements – With this live betting, the Sportbook will create an action on whether a team will reach a certain statistic. For example, the statistic may be based on a single game or a whole season.
- Partial game results – The last live betting gives a chance to bet on a variety of micro-events. In this case, there are many betting options. For example, one micro-event could be to predict the team to win the first half of the game.
Online Sportsbook Payouts
NJ online sportsbook will pay you the proceeds from the bonus in various ways. The common ones include the following.
- Free bets – With this payout, you don't have to use your real money. Nevertheless, you must meet the wagering requirement already set by the sportsbook. Again, free bets are indivisible.
- Bonus dollars – This works the same way as free bets. Therefore, you must meet the wagering requirements. The only difference is that the bonus dollars are divisible. To illustrate this, you can divide the $50 bonus into bits of $10.
- Straight cash – In rare cases, online sportsbooks will offer you cash that you can withdraw. But you must note this does not happen regularly since most sportsbooks prefer giving you an incentive. The incentive will help you keep playing.
Daily Fantasy Sports
Being legal in NJ, Daily Fantasy Sport becomes one of the most popular ways to bet on sports. Since DFS runs hourly, daily, or weekly, it is not subject to gambling bans that occur regularly. Specifically, Daily Fantasy Sport is a game of skills.
In other words, the lineup must incorporate the necessary skills. Currently, there are two major DFS players, namely DraftKings and Fanduel.
To get started at DFS, you need first to select the sport and league you wish to make an entry on. Secondly, you must fill the salary cap to stay under. It is worth noting that some sports such as golf and tennis do not have an actual team. However, it is still possible to create a lineup with 5-7 persons.
Below are some of the most popular DFS sports betting:
Payment and Withdrawal Options at NJ Online Sportsbooks
NJ online sportsbooks values your transactions so much. As a result, you will get safe, secure, and reliable payment options. For instance, you will get the following trusted banking options.
- Debit/credit card – Almost all NJ sportsbook accept this payment method. But there is one main setback, where banking institutions keep flagging them.
- ACH/ e-check – If you are looking for a simple means to use, ACH is the way to go. This is because the sportsbook creates a connection with your checking account.
- Play+ – If you want to make instant deposits, we recommend you use this method. Besides, you will deposit efficiently and, at the same time, cash out while playing online.
- Paypal – With PayPal, you can fund it via credit/debit card and transfer the money to your online sportsbook account.
- PayNearMe – No need for bank accounts since you will deposit cash via PayNearMe. For instance, you can deposit at NJ's 7-eleven retail shop.
- Skrill – This e-wallet works the same as PayPal. You can fund it via credit/debit card and then transfer it to your sportsbook account.
- Neteller – Avoid wasting time and deposit instantly via Neteller. It is also one of the most secure payment methods.
- Cashier's cage – To deposit money via this method, you must physically go to the cashier cage and deposit cash. Most NJ sportsbooks have a cashier's cage at their disposal.
How to Start Playing at a NJ Sportsbook
Getting started at NJ sportsbook is only a click away. Indeed, the process is also simple and involves the following steps.
- Find sportsbook in our list – We have compiled a list of all the top NJ sportsbooks that you will ever find out there. To get started, click on your favorite.
- Download the app – You will also need to download the app to enhance your gaming experience.
- Register account – Before accessing any games, you first need to create an account with the sports betting site of your choice.
- Deposit money – Most NJ sportsbook requires you to make a minimum deposit to trigger any available bonus. Also, it is the only way to start wagering and win real money.
- Place the first bet – After depositing, you can now search for your favorite sports game and place your bet. Wait for the bet to settle.
NJ Sports Betting Laws and Regulations
The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement regulates all the sportsbooks in NJ. Besides, it sets the different laws that every sports betting site must adhere to. They include the following.
- Sports betting should only take place at racetracks and casinos.
- All sportsbook must have a land-based venue.
- All new sportsbook have a grace period of up to 270 days to set a land-based venue.
- The casino license is $200,000 or more.
- The internet gaming permit is $400,000 or more, and the renewal is $250,000 or more. On the other hand, the responsible gambling fee is $250,000.
- Betting on collegiate games is not allowed.
- Casinos' tax rate is 8.5% for in-person and, 13% for online.
- Tracks' in-person tax rate is 8.5%, while online is 14.25%.
Responsible Gambling and Self-Exclusion
NJ sportsbooks advocates for responsible gambling by all means. For instance, they do the following to ensure players engage in responsible gambling.
- Providing information to gamblers about the risks of gambling.
- Availing resources to help gamblers who seek help.
- Training staff on how to identify and handle problem gambling.
- Avoiding marketing promotions that target problem gamblers.
- Avoiding, by all means, underage gambling.
NJ Sports Betting Online Summary
To sum it up, online sports betting in New Jersey is highly regarded. You will be spoilt for choice especially with the numerous sports betting sites available. However, you should place your bets in a top sportsbook for an amazing experience.
This shouldn’t be a big deal since sites like DraftKings, Fanduel and Bet America among others, are all available in NJ.
Excitingly, you’ll have the freedom to play while on the go. Most of the sportsbooks are accessible in both desktop and mobile environments, with an option to use a mobile app. That way, you’ll be in for a fantastic treat. Also, you can grab a deposit bonus upon signing up on any of the sites. Why not check them out?
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He's now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Njcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars' since early years and besides slots and casino, he's also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he's one of the best casino writers out there. Lars' base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.