History of eSports
Particularly, betting on eSports has been legal in NJ since2020. Soon after the state legalized eSports betting, it became a popular pastime among residents and visitors. In fact, the legalization was long overdue, considering gamers had already shown a lot of interest.
Moreover, the state’s betting sites offer different eSports like League of Legends, Counter Strike, Dota 2, and Fortnite. Also, you can bet on popular Leagues like the League of Legends World Championship Series and eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational Series.
eSports Betting Lines
New Jersey has several betting markets. All you need to do is find a legal bookmaker to place any bets you like. With that in mind, here are the popular betting lines.
- Moneyline – The bet entails predicting the winner of an individual tournament or a series of multiple games. Moneyline bets are among the simplest eSports bets.
- Points spread – Usually, sportsbooks give players or teams a spread depending on the expected games that they may emerge winners in a series of competitions. Thus, the aim is to predict that a player’s or team’s score will be below or above the sportsbook’s spread.
- Game totals – This betting line allows you to bet on the total number of games you think a series will last. These bets are a great way to have the edge over your sportsbooks.
- Kill spread – The bet applies to individual games. Basically, in this, you predict the player you think will have the most kills at the end of a game.
- Futures – The bet applies to both tournaments and seasons. Generally, the participating teams get odds to make the playoffs, finals, win the championship before a tournament or season begins.
- Proposition bets – Prop bets are also popular in eSports betting. Different games have varying prop bets, but the idea is usually the same. The goal is to bet on the probability of an outcome happening or not happening.
- Live bets – Amazingly, in-play betting is available in eSports betting. For this, you place live bets while a tournament is underway.
- Parlays – Like sports betting, you can also place parlays bets in eSports. In essence, you combine multiple bets and wager on them as a single bet.
How We Rank the Best eSports Sportsbook
Playing at a legit and secure sportsbooks is vital to having fun and relaxed gaming. Principally, we understand that your goal is to find the best eSports bookmakers. Notably, we have done much work for you. We have reviewed different sportsbooks and ranked the very best in the industry. Below is an overview of how we rank sportsbooks.
License and Regulations
For starters, we have to ensure a bookmaker is thoroughly licensed and regulated by credible authorities. In NJ, various organizations, such as the Division of Gaming Enforcement, regulate the industry.
Essentially, these authorities ensure sportsbooks conform to all rules. If a sportsbook lacks licensing from strict and reputable regulators, we don’t rank it.
Safety and Security
With the increase of hacking resulting in data theft, sportsbooks should assure your safety for you to trust them. Generally, in this, we check if a site has up-to-date data encryption.
Trustworthy and Reputation
Honest bookmakers have an excellent reputation. They have very few complaints about their name. Still, even in the case of complaints, they make sure they resolve the issues timely.
Moreover, reputable bookmakers have clear terms where they let you know every essential detail. During our reviews, we check such factors and more. Then, from this, we rank those that meet the criteria.
Number and Variety of Games
The eSports betting industry has diverse betting options. Primarily, for a more thrilling adventure, you need a sportsbook that offers varied eSports. Hence, this forms the basis of our ranking. We only recommend bookmakers that have as many eSports tournaments and leagues as possible.
User Experience (app)
Betting on mobile delivers an enjoyable and convenient experience. Therefore, we have to test how a bookmaker is responsive on mobile. Also, we consider its neatness and user-friendliness on different operating systems.
Ultimately, we prioritize the number of eSports available. We have to ascertain you have access to many choices when you choose to bet on mobile.
Bonuses and Promotions
Excitingly, bookmakers in NJ offer fabulous bonuses and promotions to new and regular players. Besides ranking bookmakers with various promotions, we check the terms accompanying these bonuses.
We want you to enjoy bonuses with friendly terms, such as wagering requirements. Typically, some sportsbookss have unfriendly terms that can make these bonuses unappealing after all.
Loyalty Program (VIP-Program)
Sportsbooks with loyalty programs are unquestionably appealing. Usually, from our end, we rank sportsbookss that offer loyal players lucrative rewards. Also, we give bookmakers whose loyalty programs are easy to join more priority.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
For the convenience of banking, bookmakers should have different payment options. Also, with many options, you can effectively choose the ideal option. The available banking methods should be secure.
Usually, we test the swiftness of all the banking options. At least, most of the options should support instant deposits and reliable withdrawals.
Is it Legal to Bet on the eSports in NJ?
Betting on eSports is legal in NJ. However, you have to ensure you place bets from a licensed sportsbook. Most importantly, the state enjoys access to some of the best bookmakers in the county. The sportsbooks ensure you have enjoyable betting by offering you varied betting lines.
eSports Betting in the Mobile
Remarkably, mobile eSports betting is legal in NJ. As such, you can place the bets you like from your mobile device anytime, anywhere. Most importantly, most eSports betting sites have mobile apps that are compatible with Android and iOS devices.
Even for bookmakers with no apps, you can enjoy mobile betting through your web browser. Admittedly, both options are excellent.
Lars Wahlström is a recognized leader in the iGaming industry, with over 20 years of experience from both the tech side and an operator. He’s now CEO and Publisher at ARGO Gaming Group, the company behind Njcasinoo.com
Games and gambling has been an interest of Lars’ since early years and besides slots and casino, he’s also into poker, sports betting and trotting.
All this experience is drawn upon when he writes, and we dare say he’s one of the best casino writers out there. Lars’ base is the ARGO HQ and Stockholm office, but he travels a lot and often participates in industry trade shows and panels. To get in contact with Lars, use our contact page or message him directly on LinkedIn or Twitter.